What is a spoofing attack?
A spoofing attack is a theft attempt by a forbidding party to gain illegitimate access to a consumer’s data by impersonating to be that consumer. These attackers crack the security barriers, reach sensitive data or infect the database with malware. Businesses would have to deal with infected systems and violated networks. Organisations lose plenty of assets, and such data breach costs them their reputation.
With the growing popularity of fingerprint encryption and facial recognition, attackers have many methods to bypass security and steal data. As fingerprint scanners use the fingerprint geometry for verification, attackers replicate fingerprints of authorised customers using wax or silicone moulds and trick the system. On the other hand, Facial Recognition Spoofing involves an attacker using a flat image of the authorised customer that tackles the security layers.
Thus, to win over traditional biometrics’ shortcomings, technological advancements have given us a Liveness Detection system that helps prevent frauds and thefts.
What is Liveness Detection?
Biometric Liveness Detection enables a security system to check whether the biometric input comes from a real authorised person acting in real-time or it comes from an impersonator who is using fraudulent methods to hack the data. It comprises many techniques, some active wherein customers are required to interact with the system, or static wherein the system uses deep learning methods to distinguish between a real person and a replica.
How does Liveness Detection protect your data?
- It recognises the lack of details in the structure of a fingerprint. The system distinguishes a real human apart by analysing the sweat pores’ pattern, skin flexibility, and perspiration.
- Certain tools analyse veins along with fingerprints.
- Liveness detection studies the pulse and the skin with which it counters attackers with precision.
- Liveness Detection SDK helps counter-attacks related to Facial Recognition through blink tests that compare the input’s blinking with an average human’s blinking patterns.
- The system studies the pupil dilation and looks for the depth in the facial structure, which helps discriminate between a real human and an image.
- Certain systems demand input to communicate directly through random facial movement tasks. One has to complete the random tasks to access the data.
- Liveness Detection works with tools like 3D cameras that are known for accurately distinguishing between a human face and a flat image and hence prevent illegitimate inputs.
- It involves systems that analyse the reflection of light on a human face by changing the lighting in the environment the customer is in.
- Liveness Detection involves deep learning convolutional neural networks that accurately counter the attackers.
- Static Liveness Detection checks make it impossible for the person behind the screen to realise that they are being analysed.
- Multimodal biometrics in Liveness Detection help strengthen security by using a combination of human features.
Combating cybercrimes has been a never-ending battle, but the Liveness Detection system of biometrics is a revolutionary technology that guarantees security. Only the accredited institutions have access to use this technology. Liveness Detection Certificates have gained importance, especially in the Facial Recognition area as it is highly prone to Face Recognition Spoofing.
With certified 3D selfie technology, AccuraScan helps you maintain high security and prevents frauds and thefts, with its real-time liveness checks. We protect your data with the AML KYC system that assures accuracy, security, and integrity. Experience the innovation for yourself with a 30-day free trial!